Top 10 Syrup and Biscuits’ readers’ favorite 2017 southern cooking recipes
I look forward to this round-up every year. It’s a chance for me to learn something new about you and reinforce what I though I knew about you. As always, some of your favorites this year weren’t a surprise and some were.
This is what your choices told me:
- Y’all are crazy about pork. Four of the recipes had pork either as a primary or secondary ingredient.
- Old fashioned recipes appeal to you. Five of the recipes are heritage recipes and have been around for ages.
- You favor simple, no-nonsense food. My style of cooking is simple, mostly from scratch.The majority of your picks are so simple you can make them with your eyes closed.
- Our sweet tooth is alive and well. Yes, y’all picked some desserts.
- Some of your favorites roll over from year to year. Three of the recipes have made this list every year since I published them.
As always, I can’t thank you enough for your support. Y’all are the best and the greatest!
Readers’ Favorite 2017 Southern Cooking Recipes