Ham Salad is a great way to use up leftover fully cooked ham. Mix ground ham and boiled eggs with a simple dressing made of mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and pimentos.
We all love to cook a good ham. The aroma of a ham baking is comforting and enticing. It smells so good, you feel like you can’t hardly wait until it’s done.
So, you have a grand meal and then look forward to a ham sandwich for the next meal. And the next meal. And the next meal.
I never get tired of ham but, apparently, it’s a thing. If you’re in that camp and dread baking hams because the leftovers become problematic, I’ve got your solution.
Ham Salad is a great way to use leftover ham that’s easy and gives it enough of a twist to combat ham fatigue. Grind up ham and boiled eggs in a food processor. Mix up a simple dressing of mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish and pimentos.
You’ve got a sandwich spread that you’ll love.
Ham Salad is great to eat with crackers as a snack or appetizer. Or a meal.
I love to eat Ham Salad Salads. Lightly dress salad greens and scoop on some Ham Salad. Pass the crackers and that’s all we need.
Y’all come see us!
yield: approximately 2 pints
A great way to use leftover ham.
4 to 5 cups cups fully cooked ham, cubed
3 boiled eggs, peeled and left whole
1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise (I prefer Duke’s)
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
4 ounces pimento, drained
Add ham and boiled eggs to a food processor. Pulse until the meat is to your desired consistency.
Add mayonnaise, pickle relish, and pimentos to a large bowl and mix.
Add in ground ham and eggs. Stir until moistened. Add extra mayonnaise if necessary.
- A great way to use leftover ham.
- 4 cups fully cooked ham cubed
- 3 boiled eggs peeled and left whole
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise I prefer Duke's
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon red pepper relish
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- black pepper to taste
- Add chopped ham and boiled eggs to a food processor. Pulse until the meat is to your desired consistency.
- Pour into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and sir well. Add more mayonnaise if mixture is too thick. Store in refrigerator.