Southern-Style Green Beans and Potatoes with Ham
Southern-Style Green Beans and Potatoes with Ham is an easy, one pot recipe that makes a hardy side or one pot meal.
Servings: 4 servings as meal; 8 servings as a side
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups fully cooked diced ham
- 2 pounds fresh greens beans washed, trimmed, and cut
- 1 pound small red potatoes leave whole and remove a strip of peeling from the center
- 1 medium sweet onion peeled and left whole
- salt to taste
Melt butter in a large pan or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add ham and cook until slightly browned, stirring frequently.
Stir in a small amount of water and stir until all browned bits are loosened from the bottom of the pan.
Add green beans, potatoes, and onion.
Add salt. Cover with water.
Cover and cook on medium low until tender.