Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole
Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole uses frozen chopped spinach for the creamed spinach base with added cream cheese and a grated cheese topping.
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach squeeze to remove as much water as possible.
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese divided
Saute onion in oil until tender. Set aside to cool.
Mix half and half and cream cheese with a mixer until creamy. Add spinach, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, kosher salt, 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Asiago cheese and sautéed onions. Mix well.
Pour into a 9 inch buttered casserole dish. Mix together remaining cheese and spread over casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until casserole is bubbling and top browns.